Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Pine-Sol carburetor cleaning thread, You can have clean carbs with that fresh pine scent!
jaxdream
post Aug 20 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,270
Region Association: South East States

I can understand this , years ago although not automotive related , one of the facilities I worked at used some orangey smwlling industrial cleaner , by the 55 gal drum , got some of it to soak pistol brass in after shooting which can get grungy if left uncleaned. Anyway that stuff cleaned the powder residue off greatly , leaving them very very bright shiny, but if left in over night it would leave some streaks and spots that would not rinse off and hand polishing wouldn't get all of them off. So yes if you leave brass parts in strong detergant it will affect the surface to a degree . I would like to have some of that stuff again , but over 10 yrs ago that place is a parking lot now. I just wondering if something such as purple power , simple green may do as well as pinesol?? Maybe try it and give some idea of outcome , but I suspect pinesol is cheaper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) -Csob!!

Jack / Jaxdream
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Aug 20 2010, 08:45 AM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

Just bough a gallon of ZEP brand pinesol at the depot for 4 bucks. I'd say thats pretty cheap.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 20 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #43

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I tried the pinesol. It sucks compared to B12 Carb cleaner. I can get a gallon of B12 from my FLAPS for $19.95 B12 take much less elbow grease to clean carbs. B12 make the crud fall right off.
+Quote Post
zoomCat
post Sep 3 2022, 12:17 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,526
Region Association: None

I’m resurrecting this thread to check if the new reformulated Pine-Sol is still effective. The stuff doesn’t have any pine oil any more.

Anyone try this lately?
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Sep 3 2022, 01:13 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Hats off to Mark starting this informative thread. I nominate this to go into the classics.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:53 AM